Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2016

Reintro Day 10

Well...it looks like I will be limiting my grain intake from here on out. Lord have mercy...

  • Bloating
  • Gas
  • Diarrhea
  • Stomach (intestines I assume) ache
 I have a feeling I did not eat enough legumes to find out of I have any issue with them. Specifically beans. I will probably do another reintro day with them for myself.

Remember this gem? Pretty much me this morning!


 

Pass the Pepto...I have to go to work.

On the plus side - I'm pretty sure "the sickness" is just about done hanging around. I'm not coughing much at all now - mostly when I let my throat get dry. I know I haven't been drinking enough water the last few days. My eyes are much better although as a whole they don't look so good. From rubbing and wiping and 'crying' my flesh is red, raw and I actually have a couple of small zits. Too much touching, not enough cleaning I guess. I'm sure it will clear up over the LONG WEEKEND. WOO HOO - I am so excited about having a 3 days weekend.

So I got up at 6am, spent some quality time in the bathroom, washed my face and all that morning routine type crap and went to tackle the mountain of dishes. Yes I left BOTH sides of the sink full of dirty dishes. Why? Because I had already unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher once yesterday and I didn't feel like doing it again. Truth be told, I didn't feel like doing it this morning either. Somehow Mr. P. has a 30 minute morning routine and I have a 2 hour morning routine. Mine has nothing to do with girly stuff either. I'm a pro at multi-tasking. I swipe my face and neck with a peel pad and go about getting the critters rotated in and out of the shower, wash my face, pat dry and moisturize while someone is still in the shower, by the time shower duty is done my face is dry and I can put on my make-up which takes 5 minutes tops. IT Cosmetics powder foundation, IT Cosmetics powder blush, brush the eyebrows and lashes to remove any powder residue and a quick swipe of IT Cosmetics black gel eyeliner pencil. I keep my lip gloss in the Jeep and put it on before I get to work. Plenty of red lights to sit at on the way to the office... I'm super efficient at getting dressed too. Typically when it's 'cold' like it has been - it's leggings and a tunic or leggings and a dress - both with boots. Again, pretty much a 5 minute event.  Then it's on to feeding the critters, opening the blinds in their room, packing my lunch, making my breakfast, doing the dishes from someone else making their breakfast, unloading the dishwasher if it's full, putting out the  mail if there is any, getting the paper if it's delivery day, and separating the trash/recycle carts because I have a neighbor who is insistant on putting hers across the street with our but she doesn't follow the rules. We have an automated truck now - it goes down the street and has a grabber claw that picks up the bin and dumps it. There has to be 3 feet of space on all sides of the bin for that to work. Nope - she puts it right up against ours.  I think I will put a stop to that - I'm writing a note to tape on her bin Friday morning! I don't have time to do other people's work in the morning.

My stomach was a mess most of the day at work, but I also had the munchies pretty bad.

I had 3 scrambled eggs, 3 sandwich steaks, a cup of applesauce (not a literal cup, but you know – the individual cups), 3 Simply Balanced raspberry pineapple fruit snack things, a big bowl of chicken salad and a Larabar. Plus several 24 oz cups of water.

I went to the Super Wal-mart that’s next door to my office because I needed some hair color, light bulbs, milk and a new air purifier. I ended up getting a cheap pack of toothbrushes for cleaning, a new battery op toothbrush for my drawer at work, a couple of pairs of leggings for Georgia and new wiper blades for my Jeep. Holy crap – when did wiper blades get so expensive?! I also picked up a 2 pack of filters for my air purifier. I’ve been sleeping with the TV on because my old one died Monday night. I can’t sleep when it’s quiet. Lucky for me Mr. P. has been sleeping in the guest room since I’m sick. He could never sleep with the TV on – not with the light, not with the sound.


So I got home late. Mr. P. had a wonderful dinner ready when I got home. Alas, no picture and it was definitely picture worthy! Seared scallops, sauteed asparagus and green beans with garlic and prosciutto! It was sooooo good. OMG a million times better than pasta and garlic bread.

It's cold here - we actually have a frost advisory. My hands were cold, so I made a Godiva Milk Hot Chocolate with the SO Delicious (compliant) unsweetened almond milk I picked up at Wal-mart today. It did the trick!


    

  









0 comments: