Yummy shrimp recipe...even better that it's quick, easy and low calorie.
- 1 pound shrimp raw
- 1 clove garlic small, minced
- 1 inch ginger piece, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces snow pea pods
- 1 each sweet bell pepper yellow, orange or red, largish diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, spring or green onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic large, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoons cooking sherry or shaoxing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a medium bowl. Mix together the shrimp, garlic, ginger and salt. Set aside to brine for 20 minutes at room temperature
- Meanwhile prepare the green onions, red pepper and garlic.
- Add the sugar, rice vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, sherry and cornstarch to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut of vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high to high heat until the oil just starts to smoke.
- Add the snow peas, red bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and stir-fry (constantly stirring) for a couple of minutes until the veggies are slightly blistered and beginning to brown.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Add the scallions and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the shrimp.
- Cook for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Then add the sauce and allow to poach for about two minutes until the sauce has thickened is more sticky and coats the shrimp. There will not be a lot of sauce.
- Add the vegetables. Toss to coat.
Serve immediately over rice.
Recipe from Recipeland.com
Personally, I think i'd serve it over lo mein type noodles or rice noodles...but it would be good over rice as well.