Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Posted by ~Robin~ at 9:41 PM
Monday, June 28, 2010
Posted by ~Robin~ at 9:26 PM
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Just days after the news broke of the disaster BP created in the Gulf Coast area, Jimmy Buffett teamed up with Vero Beach boat builders Dragonfly Boatworks to design and build special “S.W.A.T” boats to help rescue the wildlife in the area. (Read full article here)
Today Mark Castlow, owner of Dragonfly Boatworks in Vero Beach, announced that BP has put a stop to their efforts.
Dragonfly Boatworks was scheduled to launch their 2nd of four S.W.A.T.( Shallow Water Attention Terminal) boats for use by the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory. Unfortunately, BP’s Incident Command Center has halted Dragonfly’s efforts to save the wildlife BP has single-handedly destroyed.
If you missed the Dragonfly Boatworks episode of Anderson Cooper 360 Tuesday night, it will be rebroadcast Wednesday, June 23 at 10 p.m on CNN.
Posted by ~Robin~ at 11:03 PM
Saturday, June 26, 2010
6/19 9:13am 803-835-5100
6/21 1:28pm 803-835-5100
6/23 11:29 803-835-5100
6/23 11:32am 407-321-0865
6/24 8:34am 803-835-5100
6/25 8:55am 803-835-5100
6/25 - returned call to 1-800-257-0286 at 6:15pm
call answered by Justin. As soon as I said “I want to know why you are calling me when you have received a written request to remove my number from the file of Robin Davis” he transferred me to a recorded message that dropped the call.
Called back, call picked up by Lynn at 6:19pm. Lynn could tell I was not a happy camper. Lynn looked up the record manually because I didn’t have the account information (right...because it’s NOT MINE). She says she removed my number and added a note to not call it again. She also said it would take 24 hours for it to replicate thru the system.
Chair swivels & rocks
Posted by ~Robin~ at 1:28 PM
Thursday, June 24, 2010
1595–1605; special use of list 2 (roll of names, perh. orig. of contestants in the lists); cf. F liste < It lista roll of names, earlier, band, strip (e.g., of paper), border < OHG (G Leiste )
1. register. List, catalog, inventory, roll, schedule imply a definite arrangement of items. List denotes a series of names, items, or figures arranged in a row or rows: a list of groceries. Catalog adds the idea of alphabetical or other orderly arrangement, and, often, descriptive particulars and details: a library catalog. An inventory is a detailed descriptive list of property, stock, goods, or the like made for legal or business purposes: a store inventory. A roll is a list of names of members of some defined group often used to ascertain their presence or absence: a class roll. A schedule is a methodical (esp. official) list, often indicating the time or sequence of certain events: a train schedule. 6. record, catalog. 7. enroll.
When I Google "list" I get:
List interface for Java 2 platform
Top 10 Lists
and dozens of other things
Mr. Paisley is not a fan of my lists. I have lots of them. I have them everywhere. I keep spiral notebooks in the vehicles, the house, the cabin, my purse...I even have a holiday list. This is where I make notes about gifts i've purchased throughout the year so I know what I have and for who...in theory to make Christmas shopping less dramatic...errr traumatic!
I like to write. As in physically write (sort of becoming a lost art kind of writing). I still mail hand written thank you cards. I like stationary...
Back to the lists.
I need lists - they help me keep things in perspective. They keep me sane. They help me remember.
I make lists at home for chores, for shopping, for organizing, for packing...I make lists at work because 10 people are pulling me in 20 directions and if I don't write it down, chances are it's not going to get done.
Right now i'm thinking it's Thursday night, Mr. Paisley is making dinner, i've already been in the hot tub (the new jets came today - woo hoo!), I have my pre-annual review at work tomorrow (this would be the one where you evaluate yourself, plead your case to your manager and then they do their own evaluation). We have a trip coming up, we have to move out of our old storage unit and into a new one - before said trip of course). Lists...i'm making several tonight. One for me, one for Mr. Paisley, one for the house, one for the trip...
So much to do - so little time. The lists just make me feel like I have it all under control (there's a false sense of security if there every was one!)
Here's my list of things that need to find there way onto lists tonight
- clean out truck
- detail truck (seriously, it's gross and I don't like dirty vehicles)
- set up mail and newspaper hold
- collect paper to sort (does paper breed in your house? I swear I take a big box or basket around the house each week and gather up all the paper - newspaper, coupons, recipes, notes, lists, bills, cards, magazines, etc to sit and sort while catching up on something on the DVR)
- start laundry
- ebay listings
- file paperwork
- set up roofer
- pack for trip
- set up pet sitters
- clean cages
- catch up on coupon clipping / filing
- order new phone
- buy netbook
- Deposit check
- Refinish and re-cover new office chair (you'll see that in another post)
- Finish breadbox (another project you'll see here at some point)
- Pick out new mailbox
- Trim trees over driveway
- Trim dead stuff out of palm trees
- Gas for grill
- Charge camera batteries
Posted by ~Robin~ at 8:15 PM