Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Reintroduction Day 5

It's Day 5 and we're back to the Whole30 eating today and tomorrow. If memory serves me...we get DAIRY on Saturday and they suggest ICE CREAM! I am so jumping on that wagon. I really want that right now...stupid sore throat!

Woke up still sick this morning. One eye was glued shut, my mouth was bone dry and my nose was crusty and stuffed up. Oh and my throat still hurts. I woke up 30 minutes before my 6am alarm. I didn't even try to go back to sleep. I got up and hit the shower on full steam to try to clear out my nose and pry my eye open. I washed my hair with Wen Winter Vanilla Mint which not only has a nice tingle, but the mint helped open up my nose as well. That said, I don't really feel any better. I can barely speak and I've already slowly sipped a full 24oz Tervis full of water to try and soothe my throat. It long as I just keep drinking. I've been googling Whole30 remedies for sore throats. They're all over the map. I'm kind of thinking that technically I'm well past the 30 days so I might very well cave and make hot tea with honey. Plus down a glass of hot water and apple cider vinegar. Yum (not...) and gargle with lemon salt water (also, not really). I'm also starving. I don't think I've gotten up and had my stomach rumbling and growling at me since I started. I think I'm going to make scrambled eggs with my sandwich steak this morning.

My throat is starting to feel a bit better. I did have my hot tea and honey - though I didn't finish the whole mug...really only about half. I did have scrambled eggs and sandwich steak for breakfast and for lunch I had a couple more sandwich steaks and a bowl of fried (?) plantains. They were ok, but not the greatest. I doubt Mr. P. would like them and they're a bit pricey $6.99 a bag at Aldi - they are name brand though. I don't think I'll buy them again.

I managed to unload the dishwasher and reload it - surprise, it's full again. I hate to use paper products when there's no need for it, but the never ending dishes waiting to be done is ridiculous. Although really...all it would save is 2 dinner plates so I guess there isn't much point to using paper plates to try to make less dishes.

Later that day....

I spent 30 minutes in the hot tub - then I got rained on. The heat cleared up my nose for a little while. My throat has stopped hurting, however my mouth is dry because I can't breathe thru my nose. While I was napping it dawned on me that I should freeze some juice in my freezer pop molds. DUH. Why the heck didn't I think of that yesterday?! I have 2 white grape juice pops in the freezer right now. Can't wait to have one! I also made an appointment for Kahlua. She's my only lizard that doesn't freak out about going to the V-E-T.  I'll take her to work with me tomorrow and stop on the way home.  We think she might be gravid. Because she had metabolic bone disease laying eggs will be difficult for her. She can't use one of her back legs because it's fused at the hip socket (it was broken and not treated by a former owner), her hips are really narrow, and her spine is crooked - all from poor diet and lack of proper care. She's the sweetest thing for having such a crappy life pre-Paisley Cottage.

Confession. I couldn't wait on my pops to freeze. I ate an old orange freezer pop from last Memorial Day. Full of sugar. I won't eat another one, but it was so nice...the juice ones will be even better!

Dinner was a thrown together stir fry. Coconut aminos, salad shrimp, assorted leftover veggies from the week, zoodles, cabbage and cashews. I added spicy cashew sauce to mine. Also had a cranberry apple La Croix sparkling water mixed with some cranberry pomegranate juice.