Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm joining the club...

Gina over at The Shabby Chic Cottage is doing a Ten Tasks in Ten Days Challenge and well, Lord knows I have plenty o' tasks to do so I think I can come up with 10 to do in the next 10 days. 

Today's task is getting the living room cleaned up again! Nothing like starting a project at 9:12pm (might as well make that 9:30 since you know i'm going to sit here and type this blog post) to make you hustle.

You see we are going on vacation and we have family coming in from out of town at the same time. Interesting how that works eh? We leave, they show up - can we say house sit and feed the iguanas while you're at it? Oh and don't eat my Nutella. LOL

The living room...you've seen photos of it on a "show off your cottage Monday" post in the past...well, it's gotten a little out of hand. Stuff has been collecting there for this trip, along with some other random stuff...just because it's where we come and go from the house...you know how those hot spots are...magnet for clutter of any and all kinds!

Mr. Paisley had to work late tonight, just as I was a few blocks from home tonight, he called to say he just got called out...funny, since he hadn't LEFT work yet. So it's been a long day for Mr. P and once again, the lizards and I sat down to a Diet Dr. Pepper and a Stouffer's french bread pizza (just cheese tonight...and the lizards didn't get any, they had bananas and green beans, but they were all present and accounted for!)

I got two fabulous emails today. One was the shipping notice for an outdoor rug that I ordered for the cabin...2 months ago. It's been on backorder since the day I ordered it. It's supposed to be here on the 30th. Woo hoo! Just in time to get tossed into the truck with the rest of the stuff. The other one was the shipping notice for my new netbook - compliments of Mr. Paisley for my birthday. The time had come to replace the HP laptop that has served me well for so many years. #1 it weighs a ton. Seriously. #2 the battery needs to be replaced. Do you know how much laptop batteries cost? Roughly half the price of a good deal on a Netbook. DING!
After a lot of careful research...I picked a blue one. LOL Actually, I had originally picked a bright purple one, but then found out I could get the same one elsewhere in Blue, White or Red as well. I thought about red, but like the purple it would have clashed with my Vera Bradley netbook tote in Imperial Toile
I mean really...brown/black, white and pinky-coral? Red just wouldn't do - nor purple. Not that blue does, but it's a pretty dark blue...and I like blue...not that I have anything against shiny red or pretty violet. 

Ok, the color wasn't really how I chose my netbook...but I really didn't want black. LOL I ended up going with one that has a 1.66ghz processor, WIN7, 1gb of RAM (will be upgrading that to 2gb like yesterday) and a 250gb hard drive. Oh and the all important 6 cell battery (that's the one that lasts 7+ hours...vs the 3 cell that only lasts 3 (if you're lucky). 

Now I can continue to amuse you while i'm not here in front of my iMac. Lucky you!

Ok, now it's 9:35 and Mr. P just called to say he's on his way home. That's my cue to get out of my way cool new office chair and see if I can't cross the living room off my list before he gets here.

Come on and join in - cross 10 things of YOUR list!

1 comments:

cherry said...

Good luck finishing up all of your task .. Hope you have a wonderful vacation..
hugs from Savannah, Cherry